In a landmark moment for Indian sports, the Delhi Soccer Association (DSA) and the Cerebral Palsy Sp
Football Delhi Submits Bid to Host FIFA World Cup 2026/AFC Asian Cup 2027 Joint Qualifiers Match bet
1) The FD Golden League
The Golden League is official grassroots football league, launched by ‘Football Delhi’ in line with its mission, which is “To empower everybody in Delhi who is passionate about football to play with full dignity and to ones’ full potential and to take football in Delhi to new heights.
The purpose of the league is to broad base participation and provide a structure to football at grassroots. This initiative will also help us identify talent at right age to further develop them in professional players through our CoE (Center of Excellence) program. The talent from CoE program would get a chance to become part of Delhi state team.
In its Second season, we invite applications for U7, U9 and U11 teams in mixed format, where boys and girls together can be part of a team. The purpose of The Golden League is to reach masses that want to play football.
Key highlights of the tournament:
• Golden league is open to all and attracts no participation fee.
• A team can have maximum number of players as follows:
o U7- Maximum 7
o U9- Maximum 8
o U11- Maximum 9
• it is a mixed tournament, where girls and boys together can make the team.
• It is a 3 months long tournament, providing more playing opportunities at grassroots level
• Every participant will get a participation certificate.
• The golden league is looked as a platform to scout talent for Delhi State Teams.
Timings: The league will be played on weekends and is 2-3 months long
Ground: We are looking for ground based on addresses of registered teams.
We will try to give the nearest possible ground based on address of registered
Age Criteria: The cut of dates for different age groups is as follows:
I. For the Under-7 category, he/she must be born on or after 01/01/2012 but on or before 31/12/2013.
II. For the Under-9 category, he/she must be born on or after 01/01/2010 but on or before 31/12/2011.
III. For the Under-11 category, he/she must be born on or after 01/01/2008 but on or before 31/12/2009.
Points of Differentiation
• First official Grassroots League (Delhi) – Managed by ‘Football Delhi’, to provide a structured pathway to a player.
• Mixed league – Equal opportunities for girls through mixed format
• New evaluation framework – A team will be judged on the basis of multiple parameters; the parameters are decided based on qualities that needs to be developed at grassroots level in a player
For any further queries you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org